After 37 days of quarantine and stay-at-home measures for the coronavirus pandemic I’ve just about washed my hands 7,000 times. The result, as I should have expected, is that my skin and fingernails are super dry. So I decided to make lotion bars to put at each sink so right after washing we can moisturize. I have coconut oil on hand as well as lavender essential oil.
- 1 part coconut oil
- 1 part beeswax
- Essential Oils (lavender & peppermint are my favorites)
- Heat coconut oil and beeswax together in a glass bowl in the microwave in 30 second bursts so you don’t overheat it (optionally, use a pan on the stovetop over low heat). *Break up the beeswax into small chunks speed up the wax melting process.
- Once the beeswax and coconut oil are melted add essential oils. I like to use lavender or peppermint. I’m sensitive to fragrances so I only add a 2-5 drops.
- Pour melted coconut oil and beeswax into silicone mold or cupcake tin, I used a silicone chocolate mold.
- Let them sit until cool. You can also place them in the refrigerator if you need to speed up the process.
Once you wash and dry your hands you just rub the bar between your palms until it’s warm and then speed the moisture over your skin like lotion.